• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Volvo Fan Warning

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Be careful to fasten everything down when using the Volvo fan. It stirs ups lot more air than the stock blade. The one I just installed pulled the overflow hose into it. Ripped out the hose, broke one blade, took a chunk out of another and put a hole in the radiator. This radiator/overflow had been in a stock setup with no problems. Lasted less than 5 minutes with the Volvo fan and the engine was not revved beyond 3500.

Bill

britbeam

Donation Time
Hey every application is different but at least it sucks a heck of a lot of air. Ive got 12000 miles and 3 Invasions on mine and still sucking with no problem. Is the Fish carb working now?
Dwain V6 Krazy

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, I've fixed the sinking float problem, but still have driveability issues. It seems to be too lean at and just off idle. As a result, the idle is very erratic. Sometimes it idles at speeds as high as 1500 rpm, other times it dies. Usually will not idle unless the engine is warm. It must think it is a carburated Plymouth. Think the problem might be connected to the homemade throttle plate. Another winter time project.

Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
It seems to be too lean at and just off idle. As a result, the idle is very erratic. Sometimes it idles at speeds as high as 1500 rpm, other times it dies. Usually will not idle unless the engine is warm. .

Bill

This might answer a question i was just about to post, took dads SIV out for a run today, has a DGV on a 1725, thing wouldnt idle till it was warm and once warm idle was moving round lots, almost like blipping itself, would setle in at 15-1700 sometimes too.. was thinking might be the mixture as vac leak would be causing other issues.. will have to check the plugs and see if im lean.