• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Voices in my head

BLISTIC

Donation Time
Yeah I listen to them.:D Some make sense and some..well.

I listened the other day and found a stash of Tiger and Alpine parts.
Since mine is trashed. I needed interior panels, doors, trunk, hood, dash, steering wheel.
Well I found all that and then some.
How about a hard top for a Mk1, three pansport 4 lug wheels, new racing headers in the box, doors, trunk, hood, engine mounts, steering wheel, bumpers, chrome, gas tanks, new windshield and frame....boxes and boxes of parts.
While I was talking prices the wife sat in the truck (with a/c on) All I had to do was raise the headers over my head and she was out of the truck to investigate. With her fair skin she is totally onboard for the top.

So far all I am missing.

1. custom front cross member /disc/ wilwood and sway.
2. T-5 tranny.
3. chopped rear end with disc
4. pedals for wilwood dual masters
5. cobra low back seats.
6. wiring and guages
7. machine tooled dash
8. 5 point harness x 2
9. blast body and paint and assembly
10. finish the engine build.

pics to follow.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

It sounds like your biggest hurdle is behind you (convincing your wife ) ;) . I know some of us would have a battle. It's all down hill from here :D . Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Regards, Robin.

BLISTIC

Donation Time
Hi,

It sounds like your biggest hurdle is behind you (convincing your wife ) ;) . I know some of us would have a battle. It's all down hill from here :D . Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Regards, Robin.

That my friend is not a hurdle at all. She enjoys the hobby. In fact with the top she said..."Alright Now I can drive it more."
I let her ride in a (red) cobra one day. The girl came back scorched.

64beam

Donation Time
That my friend is not a hurdle at all. She enjoys the hobby. In fact with the top she said..."Alright Now I can drive it more."
I let her ride in a (red) cobra one day. The girl came back scorched.

Hi,

I don't have to worry about my wife taking off with the Tiger as she only drives an auto. :) . I'm quite happy to drive her around in it though. I always leave a spare cap and sun screen in the car for that reason. Have you started the preparation work yet?

Regards, Robin.

BLISTIC

Donation Time
Hi,

I don't have to worry about my wife taking off with the Tiger as she only drives an auto. :) . I'm quite happy to drive her around in it though. I always leave a spare cap and sun screen in the car for that reason. Have you started the preparation work yet?

Regards, Robin.

Robin
Yeah some work has been started. I need to finish gutting the car. I am picking up the remaining parts this evening.
My next hurdle is to remove the doors. Those hinges seem to have a attitude.
Once I get the doors removed and the tranny out I will take it to the sand blaster.
Then fit the short block in and start with the floor pan mod's for the trans tunnel. I should have some progress pics by next week.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
There was a discussion on this forum a while back about the difficulties of mounting/adjusting doors. You should read it before removing yours. There was a suggestion about drilling a reference hole that you should consider.
Good luck with your project!

BLISTIC

Donation Time
There was a discussion on this forum a while back about the difficulties of mounting/adjusting doors. You should read it before removing yours. There was a suggestion about drilling a reference hole that you should consider.
Good luck with your project!

Thanks i'll look for the thread

BLISTIC

Donation Time
One more part to pick up. A new windshiled in the box.

We picked up the top the other day....geez. Talk about NICE!!!

So far work has been hammering out the dents in the drivers rear qtr. By next week the car will be in bare metal awainting primer.
It is amazing to see the Alpine transform from "W!"TH to a "hey this is going to be nice. " :D

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Door Hinges

If the doors are properly adjusted now as to height etc, drill a 1/8" hole thru the hinge into the sills and thru the floating plate in the back , drill both the
door and the sill (car) this will allow alignment after everything is finished.

BLISTIC

Donation Time
Update.
The project has not fallen to the wayside.
So far I have gutted the interior. Two sections of floor pan to be replaced.

A lot of work has been done to the passenger rear quarter. I actually had to cut it off to pound out the dents and reattach.
Actually aquired a Nascar 9 inch and a Winston cup side exit exhaust. The supper speed way type. Really flat and really wide with 3 inch pipe going into it. Plans are to cut the 45 degree end off to 90 and then place it right under the trunk pan for rear exit.