• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vicki is up an running!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
:D
Well we did it replaced the leaking heater core with the used good one, the reason all of us should go to the Invasion, to pick up parts! I was right my heater core was leaking just did not know for how long but the hold the heater core sit in was nice and icky. We flushed the system and got it all back together and Whaoo no leaks. Now we did have some adjusting on the bonnet latch somehow I knew taking that off would cause some readjusting by the time we got it all back together. And also that darn drain plug would of taken days it would only drip, so we took off the lower radiator hose yea that flooded the bucket real fast. Vicki survived surgery and tomorrow before the rain rolls in its a long drive to test her out! On the road again!

Donna
;)

finally

Donation Time
Wow! Quickly up and running - good for you!!

I ended up finding a bunch more little things to take care of after the first drive so the time from first dive to tenth drive is taking some time. Mainly my own fault - hopefully yours is good to go and you can drive, drive, drive!!

Congrats

dmich2

Donation Time
That's great news Donna. I too had the same issues when I was removing then replacing my heater core. Funny :D how they never seem to go back in quite as easy as they came out, with-out a slight bit of ....persuasion.

How 'bout sending some water our way? Dry as a bone, with no relief in site.

Dennis

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Cooling System Fixed!

:D
First time since the Spring May 12th Show that I really took a LONG drive in Vicki and Wahoo no drips on the passenger side, gage stayed right at 180 degrees since its a temperature of 85 while out and driving so at last the cooling system is working good all sealed and after letting it cool did not have to add more. Seems I was doing that often, kept thinking it was overflowing NO it was leaking out the heater core since I usually leave the control on screen so all the heat goes on the windshield not on my legs. I have come to believe that no matter what you fix on an Alpine you need two people and four hands. I pulled the rod - bonnet latch out of the way while Jim installed heater core worked like a charm. Next fix left is the timing cover to stop the dripping up front, unless something else fails but I am not going to even worry about that its mechanically sound again. I think, well you all understand its British!
Yea its raining here again, but maybe by Tuesday take a long drive in Vicki again this week to dark in the morning and cold when I leave for work so missed the chance to drive Vicki to work and back, Maybe after day light saving changes then there is always next spring!

Donna
;)