• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Venizia on Craigs List

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

They have gone to the 1592 with a Holbay tuned engine. I thought they were 1725 engines and what is with the superleggera :confused: .

Regards, Robin.

65beam

Donation Time
venezia

scott,
i think you're right . wasn't it on e bay ?

robin,
the cars were built in italy using humber sceptre components and a superleggera aluminum body on a tube frame.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
You know, I should really like Venezia's as they are a Rootes product and like you guys I'm one of the few 'Defenders of the Faith'... but God help me... I just think they are homely has all h*ll. Particularly as compared with a stock Alpine which is so gracefully sleek. I guess they just have a face only a mother could love.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I do wonder what the curb weight is.... assume a race prepped Alpine is weighing in at 1950lbs or so. What could this one weight? You think it could be taken down to 1800lbs??? It is an aluminum body...

Just wondering.

Steve

alpine_64

Donation Time
I do wonder what the curb weight is.... assume a race prepped Alpine is weighing in at 1950lbs or so. What could this one weight? You think it could be taken down to 1800lbs??? It is an aluminum body...

Just wondering.

Steve

Perhaps Robert Jaarsman might know?

Also.. dont be surprised if its heavier than an alpine.. deends what gauge aluminium they sue and the body is larger.. Astons are constructed using this method.. and are not light cars.

64beam

Donation Time
You know, I should really like Venezia's as they are a Rootes product and like you guys I'm one of the few 'Defenders of the Faith'... but God help me... I just think they are homely has all h*ll. Particularly as compared with a stock Alpine which is so gracefully sleek. I guess they just have a face only a mother could love.

Hi,

I agree, with some of the other cars that the Italians made around that time you would think they would be influenced a bit more strongly. At least they have a following to continue marque's future.

Regards, Robin.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
What tickles me, is that he would think someone with a Lotus, Porsche, Masarati or Ferrari, would be dumb enough, to swap for this poor, UGLY, orphan.

Jose :)

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
For years I've tried to convince myself it's a good-looking car, but I just can't get there.

The reason I would would want one in my garage is because of the story surrounding these cars, the limited production, and the fact that you'd be the ONLY one to have one at a car show.

However, there's plenty of other cars on my want list, so I doubt I could bring myself to spending the money this car would really need to make it right.

Leave it to the experts like Robert Jaarsma. Has anyone notified him of this car? I know he tracks them, but I don't have his email address.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you really want one of these, I understand there's one at the bottom of the Thames.

mikephillips

Donation Time
from the back and the side you can see what must be an Alpine influence. But God only knows what they were thinking when they did the front, it really lets down the rest of the car.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I knew I had seen this car before - don't know the year but I kept this picture of the car when it appeared in the July issue of Practical Classics years ago.

I notice the link on Craigs has now been deleted - wonder if the car sold?

Attachments

• Page 73 July Practical Classics.jpg
    Page 73 July Practical Classics.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 31