• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

VB Clutch M/C & S/C Fitting Style

Steeman01

Donation Time
Hey there,

My '66 Alpine came with new in-the-box VB Clutch M/C and Slave Cylinder. I have learned that the stock 7/16" fittings (and lines) don't work, the VB set up uses 3/16" fittings and lines.

That being said, I assumed (that might be the problem), that these fittings on the VB components were meant to be a double flared fitting (45 degree), but when I go to bleed the line I have fluid spraying out of both fittings (the connection at the M/C and and the S/C).

So my questions are, 1) what is the correct type of flare that is needed for a VB fitting (std flare, dbl flare, bubble flare) and 2) if it is a double flare (like I have done, a couple of times), is it leaking due to a bad connection (as I have read making a nice fitting can take a few attempts)?

Any help, suggestions, insight is welcomed (I couldn't find anything via search). Thanks!

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think you could look at the seat in the parts you can determine what type of flare it needs. But, all of the 3/16 lines are bubble flares.
Jan