• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Valve Cover finish

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Are we including the "S" covers? If so, what kind of paint did Rootes use? Either the paint or the prep must have been pretty inferior, because the three "S" covers I own plus the half dozen I've come across for sale did not have a speck of original paint remaining around the lettering.

Dick Sanders

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Here's a pic of an S cover I picked up so corroded I had it boiled in acid at a radiator shop.

Residue from the cover remains around the script, looks Ok to me, so I'm leaving it there.

Jim in PA

Donation Time
I'm having mine Tie Died!

Boy...
So much fuss on what's correct and what was never manufactured. To be correct for restored or survivor vehicles is a big deal to the purist and I respect that. These days it's tough, here in the states especially, to obtain and maintain correct parts at times. (Anyone have new fuel filters for AC fuel pump on SV?)
I love the idea of polished rocker covers and the wrinkle paint sounds way cool but after the exchanges I've read I've decided to have my rocker cover tie died. or is it dyed?

64beam

Donation Time
Do not dare to question the Great and Powerful OZ!!!

Please don't start this sort of rubbish on a public forum as some may be offended by it. I don't know about others, but I personally don't want to read your swipes at each other. I don't care who started what, so please take your issues to a private message or just ignore each other. Just remember SUNBEAMS are the topic.

Robin.

D

Dr.NO 007

I agree with Robin, this endless bickering over diddily squat is of no added value to the rest of the SAOCA family. make a reply, comment positve or contrary on a post and then get on with the day, don't belabour the topic.

Uncle Veiko(Vic) used to say" Life is unfair .... you got to learn to live with it"
as for the correct colour finish of a valve cover " one man's junk is another man's treasure"
respectfully, good time charlie (Chuck)