• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vacuum CFM for 2.8L V6

Rockonp04

Donation Time
I am going off of the restrictive nature of the intake due to smog restrictions and the experience of Jose. I don't have any solid data but I have Offenhauser techs and Jose's experience to rely on and they are all saying the same thing.

Also, the EFI would have to work with the dual-port of the intake manifold. Offenhauser techs were adamant any EFI would have to either be dual-port compatible or an adapter would have to be installed. I am calling Holley about this just to quash my curiosity.

The 2 barrel Offenhauser top does bolt onto the bottom part of the Offenhauser 4 barrel intake but the linkage would be rotated 90 degrees which complicates things. They are also rare. I sourced a few but again the dual-port issue would still have to be rectified.

Perhaps someone should do a build and run some engine dyno tests to know once and for all and run all types of setups. That would be legit but also costly. When I get my raise perhaps.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I will have a porting setup (flow bench) when I retire. The only emissions on the stock intake is the EGR which would be capped. Check out this pic of Morana's 4 barrel top on the stock intake and the daylight view out the port.d.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim, The OFY bottom piece inside routing is near identical to the stock two bbl as I recall.

I have a cut-a-way view in the shop perhaps I can get a pic loaded.....

Perhaps someone should do a build and

I vote for you to be the Guinea Pig:)

Rockonp04

Donation Time
I had a long conversation with the Offenhauser tech Vince and he mentioned the EFI would have to be a two-stage EFI, meaning it would have to have one valve open for low to mid-range throttle and then the other valve would have to open at full throttle.

The Offenhauser intake is a 2 stage dual-port system, not a dual plane. I checked with Holley about the 2 barrel EFI and it is not a 2 stage EFI. It is simply a single-stage setup, meaning both flaps open at once. This essentially rules out the Holley EFI working with the Offenhauser.

The only alternative is, using the stock intake manifold which is a single plane intake and would work with the 2 barrel EFI, and make an adapter. The Offenhauser tech said the stock intake isn't a bad manifold. Essentially Ford copied Offenhauser Equa Flow system.

I'm going to continue with the Holley 390 because of the high flow nature of the 4 barrel Offenhauser setup.