• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6Jose is in So Cal; Darksiders Unite

kmathis

Donation Time
Attention all Darksiders in So Cal and beyond....actually all Sunbeamers are welcome.:D (Mine was a stocker before I yielded to the Darkside.)

V6 Jose Rodriguez (The Master of the Darkside) is in So Cal and will be at my house on Sunday March 25, 2012 at 12 noon for a BBQ (Burgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad and all kinds of other stuff) and general Sunbeam chit chat and technical talk.

So, if your car is running or not and you would like to meet Jose and a bunch of other like minded Sunbeamers and gleen all kinds of information about Alpine V6s and all other Sunbeam topics, please join us at my house in Yorba Linda, Ca. in March.

I will need a head count, so if you would like to come, please drop me a PM or e-mail and I will send you the location info.
If you have a favorite dish that you would like to bring, let me know; but the most important part is you. Bring you.:)

Now I am no party planner, so don't expect anything too fancy, it will just be an informal get together with alot of eating and talking and general BS.

I will send out another reminder as the date approches....maybe.:rolleyes:

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Darksiders unite

Hi Kelly
Add two to your head count, my wife and I are looking forward to attending.
Sad that I dont have a running car to bring but looking at others ( and listening to Darksiders ) will make the day!
Chuck

kmathis

Donation Time
Hi, Chuck:

Mine isn't running either; I have the gas tanks out and prepping for paint.:eek:
It will be great to see you, should be a pretty good crowd.

kmathis

Donation Time
Well, they predicted rain, but that didn't stop 25 Darksiders from coming to my house for a BBQ today, and what a great time it was. Good food and great people. We had at least 14 cars represented, however because of the threat of rain ( and it did rain) we only had mine up on the rack, (and it is not in driving condition as you will see) and one other brave soul that brought his car and left just ahead of the storm. Hope you made it home before you got wet.
V6 Jose was there and a host of other local, as well as some from Las Vegas:eek: and Arizona; Thanks, Nick.

Looking forward to everybody finishing up their projects and having a driving meet when the weather is better.

Jose, it was great to see you again, and the whole crowd was just great.

For those interested, there is a Webshots link below.:)

http://community.webshots.com/album/582547189nPXgbh?vhost=community

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
On behalf of The Darkside, the title of Garage Mahal is bestowed in Kelly's place. Thanks for your hospitality. Food was Yum! Great people. Think we need to change the Modified subtitle from "Always room for improvement" to "You meet the nicest people in a Conversion." :D

gordonra

Donation Time
It was great to meet all the guys, and talk of the works in process! Thanks for hosting the party Kelly, and to all those that came in from great distances to meet at the "Garage Mahal"! (You crack me up Nick)

Rich

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I want to thank Kelly especially, but everyone who was there. I have really enjoyed the two meets I have gone to on my trip back to the states. The guys in Phoenix, AZ, went out of their way to make me feel welcome. We had a great time there, then we have the get together in Yorba Linda, CA. it was great to see so many people there, and some from a great distance. We had a guy and his beautiful wife come from Las Vegas driving (long way), Nick Emanuolides (SAOCA vice president) came all the way from Phoenix driving, then we had a guy that flew down from Walnut Creek, CA just for this meet. Can you inagine the enthusiasm you have to have to do that?

I found the same great bunch of guys as I found in Phoenix. Sadly, none of the pictures showed everyone that was there at the same time. There just wasn't enough room in Kelly's garage to get the whole group in one shot. There was enough room outside, but it was raining and we didn't want to get wet.

The food was great and the company was even better. We had a great time looking at the underside of Kelly's Alpine, and I was very impressed. Kelly has done such a great job of restoring his baby, that you could eat off of the bottom of his Alpine.

I got to see the Alpine that Scott Duncan bought to finish the conversion on. The car already runs, but needs a little of Scott's TLC to get it to look like Kelly's. We were able to solve a question that John Baylis had about his crank pulley, and I discovered that Ford, in their all knowing wisdom, changed the design of the crank pulley on the later engines. I just love Ford for doing silly things like that.

In the end, we had a great time talking about our favorite car and how to make it better. I am looking forward to the driving meet that the guys are planning, for when all the projects that are being worked on get finished. I plan on taking a ride in every one of them. There are about seven or eight V6 Alpines in the So. Cal. area alone, that are near completion.

Thanks again to everyone who came and made my day. Hope to see you all again soon.

Jose

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Kelly And Jose!!

WOW! What a GREAT event yesterday! If THAT wasn't enough positive energy to get you pumped to finish up your project, i don't know what would be. I have never seen such a CLEAN garage... truly deserving of it's new title! It was awesome meeting all of you in person and having the opportunity to learn things and share ideas. Kelly and Jose, thanks for all your efforts and work to set this up. A very fine afternoon indeed.
Kevin

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Kevin,

After a lot of years of communicating with you via email, I finally had the privelege of meeting you in person. Thanks for flying down to meet with us.

I don't deserve any credit for such a great event, Kelly does; all I did was show up. Kelly did a bang up job, so we all could enjoy the event. Kudos to Kelly!

I am looking forward to riding in your completed Alpine. Please send me some pictures of it so I can add them to my collection. OK?

Jose

kmathis

Donation Time
Glad you guys and gals had a good time on Sunday; I had a blast and I had a lot of help from my family and friends to make it a success. And with a great crowd of people that were there, made it all very easy. I have never met such a great group of people, like the ones that work on these cars, it is always a pleasure hanging with you folks.:)
Let's do it again next time when more of our cars are on the road and do a road trip.

I have got to get that car into paint.:eek:

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

It would have been great if you could have been there too. Maybe someday, some of the west coast guys will make it to an east coast Invasion so you can meet them.

Jose

helijm

Donation Time
Kelly has raised the bar for a MAN'S GARAGE

Kelly, I want to thank from my Wife and also from me for the Fantastic time we had meeting You, Jose and all of the others. It was truly a blessing to be with a great bunch of people. The food was delicious and the cake was extraordinary. That was quite a feat from your Wife to pull that off. I learned quite a bit walking around with pencil and paper taking notes from all of the fellas with their vast knowledge base. Again Thank You and all of the others for such a great time....THAT GARAGE is the EPITOME of what a garage should look like. God Bless you all....Jim Mininger Las Vegas (helijm):D:D

kmathis

Donation Time
It was fun having you and thanks for coming such a long distance for an afternoon BBQ. It was a real pleasure to meet you both.:)

PK

Donation Time
Modified Alpine

Hi:

I'm new to the site. I've got a '67 Alpine stripped and ready for sand-blasting, and am researching engine/transmission options.

Did you convert your Alpine? If so, I'd sure like to ask a bunch of questions, if you're willing.

thanks

PK
(797( 579-3053