• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

v6 manifold offy

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

I have found that P.A.W., in So. Cal., has the best prices on the Offy manifold. The last time I checked, it was about $360, but it has been a while, I must admit. I think they would still beat that $460 price at P.A.W.

Jose :)

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The price for new has gone up (to $645.65 from $531.16) since I bought my last November. It was on back order at Offyparts. It finally shipped in March. But it was a kit that included the gaskets, bolts, throttle linkage and other hardaware the you would have to scrounge around for. Plus being new I don't have to worry that it's been milled, cracked or has stripped threads. To me it was worth it.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
When you buy new, the manifold does come with the gasket and special bolts, but it does not include the water neck (which probably costs $40 by now). Sometimes when you buy used, you don't even get the gasket and bolts, so you'd better check exactly what you will get with it. The best option would be to get a used one, like the one in the picture (water neck and bolts), for a better price than new, but you need to check.

If you get a used one, I suggest having ALL the threaded holes Helicoiled. These manifolds are not made from aircraft quality aluminum, so the holes have a habit of srtipping out. If one stripps out after the manifold has been installed, you have a problem, because you run the risk getting aluminum chips into the engine, or you have to remove it, helicoil the hole, then re-install it. It doesn't cost that month to have them all done, and can save you some head aches later on. I would even suggest doing it to a new one too.

Jose :)

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The water neck was $45.05 through Offyparts, now $56.31. Through Racer Walsh (on their web site) it is $43.00 and the manifold is $376.98, but I think that is just the bare intake.