• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6,Body, Paint, Interior, Finished Photos

kmathis

Donation Time
Well, it has taken me a bit of time, but the interior is finally finished; except for a couple of things...A post seals, done but not installed yet; vent controls, ready to go in, but just haven't gotten to them yet. a few other minor items. It wouldn't be a project car if all of the projects were complete.
Here it is:

BTW: My nephew shot the photos...he is quite the photographer. Thanks, Arian.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7pr6v5src6xkpxv/EsXqBOEWN9

Bill's Hot Rod Interiors, in Brea, Ca. did the upholstery; as well as the black canvass top (not shown yet); and my Hard Top headliner (not shown yet either) These guys are awesome, all of the interior kudos go to them...it is way out of my league.:)

Pricey; yes,...interior was about $3,100.00 :eek:; worth it; for me, yes; after doing the V6 conversion, and all of the money I saved doing all of the body work, metal work, primer, and paint, I thought the interior was best left to a professional.

:D:D

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No doubt about it, that's quite the looker you have there.

Wish my car looked that good, but I'd just get it dirty and scratch it up.

Bill

lillypad

Donation Time
Nice work Kelly
Any issues with the exhaust at the rockers as far as clearance,speed bumps?
Did you move your battery to the trunk?
John

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very Nice!

Just a few more details and you will be done \, Then "Ride'em and enjoy".

Best of Wishes,

greenbean

Donation Time
Kelly --- Great looking car. May I ask where did you get the steering wheel cover and did you put it on yourself?

Greenbean (Russ)

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hey Kelly,

Great job on everything! I especially love the first picture, where all the gauages say that the engine is working wonderfully. The oil pressure is just right. The water temp is just right too. All in all, there isn't anything you left out. Great Alpine.

Jose

kmathis

Donation Time
Kelly --- Great looking car. May I ask where did you get the steering wheel cover and did you put it on yourself?

Greenbean (Russ)

Hi, Russ: The wheel cover is leather and I got it at Wheelskins.com; follow the instructions for measurements and they will send you a custom wheel cover and I did the stitch work myself. :)

John: Most of the time I don't have any issues with the speed bumps, occasionally, if it is a bit too tall, it can drag a bit, but most of the time it is no problem.

I didn't move the battery, thought about it, but I did leave it in place.

Thanks, for the nice comments guys.:)

gordonra

Donation Time
The car does look great in photos and in person. Kelly's done an excellent job of putting her back in shape! It's nearly a new car....

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The car does look great in photos and in person. Kelly's done an excellent job of putting her back in shape! It's nearly a new car....

With all due respect to my friend Rich... That thing is better than new.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Kelly,

My wife hates you, in addition she refused to clean the drool from the keyboard. That's one pretty car.

billslink

Donation Time
Re: Wow - really nice job!

Your car looks very nice - impressive. Very subtle and professional looking. Very good choices of finishes, also - excellent!

helijm

Donation Time
Kelly, I knew the moment I saw your garagemahal

This work of Kelly's a long time in progress, is nothing short of Incredible!!!
Absolutely Beautiful!! Like I said before when I saw the GarageMahal I knew his pride and joy would exceed expectations. Thanks Kelly along with others who have given us other guys inspiration!!!!!!

kmathis

Donation Time
Thanks, for the nice words about my car; it really is fun doing the work, and even more fun when it is finished...it does happen.:)