• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Badge Poll - Time to Cast Your Vote!

What should the custom V6 badges say?

• Series 6

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Series V6

• Series VI

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Ford 2.8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ford V6

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Ford 2800

• Rootes V6

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sunbeam V6

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Alpine DS

• Other

• Total voters

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, its time for all interested in buying one of Rick Guest's custom badges to vote on your first choice preference. Once we have a winner, you can decide if you want in or out of the purchase (assuming there are still at least 7 of us who want one) or want to go your own way. The forum limits me to 10 options, so I picked the 9 that seemed to have the passion around them, plus "Other". If you vote "other" as your first choice, please indicated what that preference is. We'll punt if "Other" wins.

I am repeating Ed's mock-ups to give you some idea of what a few of them would look like:

BADGEDEV.jpg

One last thing: please only vote if you want to buy a badge. This is not a total SAOCA poll on what to call V6 badged cars. We can do that later, if people want.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Sunbeam badges

My personal choice is a variation on the factory original Tiger badge. Mine says:

"Powered by Ford" over "V6"

I have a source with a computer program to laser print and cut out these badges and even do them in custom colored backgrounds. I have mine gold lettering on a black background and silver lettering on a black background. They are identical to the factory item and when installed in the motif, look just like the factory made them that way. I tried a red background with silver letters on a red car, but the badges just got lost in all that red and you could hardly make them out. I have previously discussed this with the owner of the laser cutter machine and he was willing to make more of these if I needed them. I have no idea what the price would be for a set of three, but I am sure it wouldn't be expensive.

Ed109

Donation Time
RV6109.jpg

A quick mock-up of one of the contenders... correct font now (An original Monotype very big in the Sixties.)

Shall do some others when I get a mo'.

And yes, it's selfishly shown against a 109 Orchid Green wing.

dmich2

Donation Time
What a great idea Jim. I, for one, really appreciate you doing this. My preference is the "Sunbeam V6" Simple, but classy. I would be interested in purchasing a pair for Sweet Pea. There are a few options you list however, I would not like some of the badges at all. We'll see after the results.

Not to attempt to derail your poll in any way, I just want to pass on a little story some may not be familiar with. The Dark Side creator aka, Jose, developed a pet name for his conversions. He liked the name "Shrike". I seem to recall he had some artwork of a shrike as his avatar on the old forum. These are small little predatory birds that look very innocent, but can be mean little SOB's.........hmmm. Quite fitting, don't you think?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Dennis

donchiotos

Donation Time
V6 Badges Poll

How long are you going to post the poll before going to the next step of getting payment and ordering? Thanks

Jim E

Donation Time
Alpine V6 is nice or any of the Rootes or Sunbeam V6 but I have removed all the chrome and holes so will not be ordering so will not vore but still am interested in how the vote is going and since if you do not vote you cannot see the poll results so what is winning?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I didn't realize that not everyone could see it. Here is a screen shot of the current results:

pollresults.jpg

As for how long we'll leave the polls open, I figured I'd just keep an eye on it and make the call once people stop voting. We've had quite a few in the last 12 hours or so, but I imagine it will start to fall off soon.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
My personal choice is a variation on the factory original Tiger badge. Mine says:

"Powered by Ford" over "V6"

I have a source with a computer program to laser print and cut out these badges and even do them in custom colored backgrounds. I have mine gold lettering on a black background and silver lettering on a black background. They are identical to the factory item and when installed in the motif, look just like the factory made them that way. I tried a red background with silver letters on a red car, but the badges just got lost in all that red and you could hardly make them out. I have previously discussed this with the owner of the laser cutter machine and he was willing to make more of these if I needed them. I have no idea what the price would be for a set of three, but I am sure it wouldn't be expensive.

ooow. They must look like the ones on my car....:D

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. Actually, we have two winners: Rootes V6 and Sunbeam V6.

badgepoll2.png

I talked to Rick and he is happy to make both up at $12 each/$36 per set, again, provided we have at least 20 per set. (And, those of you who voted for other options, you can contact Rick directly to arrange a custom set for $45.)

I will post another poll later today where you can sign up to buy a specific set. At that point, I am going to step out of the middle of this and purchasers will order directly from Rick.

Ed109

Donation Time
The people have spoken! Except now I'm going to be tempted to get a set of each 'cos I still can't decide!

Jim - already PM'd you about supplying artwork if you want it.

And to anyone else whose name didn't win out who wants to go to Rick direct, PM me and I'll be happy to supply some artwork seeing as I've got the fonts and set-up to hand.

Happy V6ing.

Ed109

Donation Time
On RHD cars the third shield sits on the boot lid to the right of the number plate...LHD cars tend to have it on the trunk lid, to the right of the license plate.

:)

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
On RHD cars the third shield sits on the boot lid to the right of the number plate...LHD cars tend to have it on the trunk lid, to the right of the license plate.

:)

And if I center the driver and steering gear?

BTW, thanks.

Al