• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Accessibility

V_Mad

Donation Time
Someone commented to me that with the V6 installed, accessibility in the engine bay seems really good (plugs, etc).

Yesterday, this concept was fully tested when I exchanged a steering column. Without taking the lever off the steering box (a difficult job), after removing the right hand brace and exhaust header I managed to withdraw the column completely from the car, and fit the new one.

Not bad eh?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Chris,

The 2.8 Ford V6 engine is really perfect for the Alpine. Servicing the engine, (changing plugs, oil and filter and other maintenance items, are easily done too. I'm surprised you could remove and replace the steering box without having to remove the engine, but might be because you only have two exhaust pipes with your headers, because I think it would be a bit harder to do with the headers I supply. I have never tried to do it on one of my conversions so don't know for sure, but I think it would be. Isn't it great to have a car that is easy to work on?

Jose :)