• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V-6 throttle linkage

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am hoping that someone can help me with pictures of how the throttle linkage from the carburetor to the linkage from inside of the car
thanks Geoff

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Geoff, I have two computers down. Suggest you goto my PDF. If that doesn't work send me a PM and I will take a PIC of Blue Boy's.

P.S. On my way to Gerald's

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here's a few PIC's that are the best I can do until I get a computer back.

1st is from the carburetor with mount bracket
2nd is where it goes into the firewall
3rd Is my upper gas pedal rod
4th Is the very top of the rod and the connection from the engine side of the firewall.

Hope you can make something helpful of these PIC's, if not give me a call

DanR

Attachments

• 20230707_140007.jpg
    20230707_140007.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230707_140059.jpg
    20230707_140059.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230707_142809.jpg
    20230707_142809.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20230707_143051.jpg
    20230707_143051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the pictures Dan l know see what my problem is. The bracket l got from you that takes the place of the original one that goes to the gas pedal and goes into the engine bay like the original one. The one on your car is straight up off the gas pedal and the cable mounts to it under the dash. So it looks like l need a bracket like yours.
Thanks again for all your help Geoff

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Geoff, Reference is made to the Carb Bracket in 1st PIC above. I was just trying to give reference to the Holley bracket I utiize for mounting the throttle cable in my PDF.

UPDATE

Last edited:

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Dan
That is the bracket I have from you. Your bracket on your car mounts horizontal to your gas pedal. My bracket from you and the original one mount vertical. I will have to look into changing the way my mount. My car is a series 3 maybe mine is different will let you know Monday

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Here's a few PIC's that are the best I can do until I get a computer back.

1st is from the carburetor with mount bracket
2nd is where it goes into the firewall
3rd Is my upper gas pedal rod
4th Is the very top of the rod and the connection from the engine side of the firewall.

Hope you can make something helpful of these PIC's, if not give me a call

DanR
mine is very similar Dan

911tr8r

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the pics Dan. I have hot air coming thru firewall cause the the entire linkage is solid mechanical which causes the linkage to go vertically up and down and there is no grommet available that goes thru FW and has vert slot. I will send yoiu. a pick to see if your bracket and cable will help. BTW what is that guage attached what appears to be the heater hose/. Temp?