• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Using metal soft top covers on a series v

Acollin

Donation Time
While I have seen bits and pieces on this subject I would truly like to understand the difficulties in a retrofit.
I like the look and while the vinal cover is adequate, I would like to know if the retrofit is beyond my capabilities.
Please chime in.

alpine_64

Donation Time
You need to remove the vertical panel spot welded into the rear of your SV.. then find the original balm pivots for the front of the side covers.. the tabs for the hinges for the rear of the side covers... The rear vertical panel and its hinges

It's been done... Depending on your fabrication skills.. a better way ( cleaner but more effort.. probably why rootes didnt do re cost... ) would be to get the side covers and fit them... Cut down the rear panel and hinge off the top of the SV section.. that way you can get the clean metal cover look... And still open the soft top while stuff is in the back... Will be a bit of a fiddle putting the top up and down still per the original