• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Uploading video

Acollin

Donation Time
I was unable to attach a video As a posting. Not sure what to do. I use an ipad and iphone and safari.
assist please

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
@Acollin if your video isnt too huge and you are having trouble getting it to a hosted site..

you could email it to me and I will put it on my flickr site and you can then link it in here after that..
steve at chicagominiclub.com

Acollin

Donation Time
Thanks for the information
How big is too big?
I will try to insert the video into one or two sites, but most of them, I have never heard of. Thanks too for the option of sending you the video for an assist.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
"How big is too big?"

I am not sure what my mail size limit is.. if you send it and it bounces/fails then it is too big ;-)
limit might be around 25megs

Acollin

Donation Time
Just tried to send it to you and my aol account would not load it— nothing over 25 and my file was 77.
I guess my days as a movie distributer are over.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
Sorry I cant get the file from you..

I use Flickr.. I believe you can create a free account and keep a small amount of photos/video without charge.
Not sure on the others..

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I needed to post some videos a year or so ago and uploaded them to YouTube. It was quick and easy and I clicked a link to make them public but not indexed (I think that was the term) so that they don't show up in a search and are only accessible via the link.

Acollin

Donation Time
At this point, I am a bit leery about using social media sites. I know this may make little sense to some and probably makes no real sense to me, but I see it as making myself more vulnerable to internet foolery. This forum is about as public as I get and I felt a bit weird creating an account here.
not posting the video of my car running with me holding up my sears tach is OK with me.