• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Updates to my Alpine 1

Henry Small

Donation Time
Recently, I took the major step to change to negative ground on my Alpine. I changed battery terminal wires (to negative ground), wires to my amplifier for my Ipod, changed the wires to the coil and sparked my generate (sparked at the voltage regulator) and now I have great negative ground voltage - have no plans to install an alternate. Next day, I said good by to my points, condenser and external ballast - I was having frequently problems with my condenser. I installed a Pertronic electronic ignition system (simple to install) and I also installed a new coil. Started the Alpine, adjusted the timing and the Alpine is running great at all speed. Other than the above major updates my Alpine is totally stock (please excuse me for having an Ipod and some other modern features)!

I realize with the above changes my Alpine is no longer "stock". Even so, I am planning to continue to read and write new threads in the "stock board" - Sunbeam Alpine purest, please forgive me!

We are fortunate to have a Sunbeam forum to share questions and solutions to like concerns - thank you to the men and women who make this forum possible, I read, respond to threads and financially support the forum, since it provides excellent information to help me keep my Alpine running great!

Henry (Hokes Bluff, Alabama)

"Nothing Beams Like a Sunbeam"