• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ultimate tiger

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Bill A
I do appreciate your comments that it is the whole package when increasing horspower.That is so important and of course safety must be vey high on the list.
As you are looking for the 400 HP (flywheel?) mark I wonder where your torque figures will come in at.
I do have a new front end as well plus the Ford 8 inch rear end in the Lister.
The motor is mild at 270 HP and 330 pounds of torque almost across the numbers.I cannot put ther pedal to the floor entering or partial exiting a curve as it is so easy to break the rear loose. The 62 should be fine as well as we are looking at 315 to 330 HP at the flywheel.Don't know what the torque figure will come in at.I'm not talking about ordinary driving.This is not to say I can't go through a curve at a good speed.There is an overpass here rated at 35MPH but both the Lister and the 62 can do this at 65 MPH easily.
At car shows if I leave at the same time as a few idiots who must peel out against each other people assume it was me.
Last time I really let the car out was a few years back.It was something else and I don't think I will repeat that

Nevadanut

Donation Time
Suspension Updated...

I've been working on updates to the front suspension, and the website has also been updated with photos of the new version. Lighter, refined unit and has easy adustability. It's really come a long way since the beginning.