• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Two 1592 Engines for sale

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have two 1592 engines for sale. One is a professionally rebuilt one that used to power my Series IV Alpine. Good running engine and clean. The other is one that came in my current Series V project. I know little about it other than it is not siezed and can be turned over by hand. I really don't want to sell the first engine as it nice to have as a spare, but my garage is getting crowded and I can't see that I'll ever need them. Also have transmissions & bell housings that go with them. Taking best offers for them and would prefer someone locally that could pick them up.

Also, have what looks like a replacement 1725 block. It sat with my Series V in a barn, so it has surface rust. The bores look like they'll clean up pretty well and I do have pistons & rods and an oil pan that go with it. Sorry, no crank or cam.

Thanks!
Cheers!
Steve

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
If you only lived closer!

I'll swap you a unknown condition motor for your rebuilt one? "New York", never mind, I will just have to be happy with my spare that I have. Hubby thinks I have lost it already anyway, had my Dad haul this motor from Texas to my home and in a couple of years we will be hauling this motor all the way to Wauchula, Florida, at least I hope so! Vicki the Alpine ran fine on Sunday :cool:

Donna
:D

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Von,
No way I'd ever part out the Series IV, or for that matter dark side it either. Currently, the Series IV has a 1725 that's been bored .30 over with a Delta KB cam, stainless header and Weber 32/36. Has just a bit more pull that the 1592 had. Which reminds me, the 1592 engine that was in this car has an ISKY SB2 ground cam in it.

Cheers!
Steve

RHShute

Donation Time
1592 for sale

How much are you asking for the rebuilt one?

Richard Shute
rhshute@autoimagery.com

I have two 1592 engines for sale. One is a professionally rebuilt one that used to power my Series IV Alpine. Good running engine and clean. The other is one that came in my current Series V project. I know little about it other than it is not siezed and can be turned over by hand. I really don't want to sell the first engine as it nice to have as a spare, but my garage is getting crowded and I can't see that I'll ever need them. Also have transmissions & bell housings that go with them. Taking best offers for them and would prefer someone locally that could pick them up.

Also, have what looks like a replacement 1725 block. It sat with my Series V in a barn, so it has surface rust. The bores look like they'll clean up pretty well and I do have pistons & rods and an oil pan that go with it. Sorry, no crank or cam.

Thanks!
Cheers!
Steve

s2willdo

Donation Time
Interested in the transmissions

After owning my S2 for 10 about 10 years, I'm going to swap out the transmission for one with syncro first gear. My numbers don't match, so I don't feel bad. Are the transmissions on those synchronized in 1st? I'm in Northern NJ, so I'm close.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just a quick update, the good running engine has been sold. (Thanks Mike!)
Still have the other and the transmissions too. They are both syncro transmissions. I'm taking best offers as I'd really like to clear this stuff out!
Cheers!
Steve