• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trying to get the glove-box back in

miket

Donation Time
The glove box was loose when I got the car and the original bezel was broken.

I have a new bezel in place. But there doesn't seem to be clearance for the map light wires.

How does the glove-box attach to the dash.

Should the dask be removed first (please don't say yes)?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike,

is this a wood dash or the plastic dash?

Wood dash there are a series of tabs on the globeox that are bent up along its face and attach to the back of the wood.

Plastic dash.. a series of metal tabs are mounted to the box and they attach to the posts on the back of the bakerlite glovebox surround moulding and are held on by tabs accross the top and by pressue between the dash and moudling on the sides.

HTH

miket

Donation Time
Mike, thanks

Right now, the tabs are behind the dash and there's nothing fro then to hold on to.

I'll try inserting the box from the front, then put the bezel on.

Mike

miket

Donation Time
Found the problem. The new box I had was slightly different then the old, so I mofified it and it's in now

What do I use to lock the bezel in?