• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trusted Mechanic Needed

65-Series IV

Donation Time
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and have a 65 Series IV that I have had to keep in storage for a couple of years. Well the time is right to get her back on the road. Unfortunately, my mechanic went up and retired. I live in Vancouver, Canada and am wondering if any local members can steer me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Graeme

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm not sure if he is taking on any more customers or not but I would recommend Jim Ellis in South Carolina. Might be a long way to ship stuff but he will build it right. Look him up on this site and shoot him a PM.

Cheers,

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I totally agree with Todd on Jim Ellis. He built an engine for me and I couldn't of asked for a better job, and engine. Oh it's a 1725cc.

howard

Donation Time
Are you talking a rebuild or someone to just tune things up? Are the brakes shot from sitting, or were they kept up while in storage? How's the transmission (the last you drove it)?

I'm not criticizing Jim's work; I can tell from his posts and the people who recommend his work, he's top-notch. But economy may prevent you from shipping your car that far when all it needs is a little tweaking and tuning up.

Pictures?

Jim E

Donation Time
Mercy thanks guys but he is a long way off.

We could have a thread on this subject alone who to trust and how to know. The best is to have someone lilke Jan or Ian who knows these cars upside down that way you do not pay for the fixer to learn your car. Never the less to have work done just flat out is spendy it is very easy to spend more to get a car on the road than the car is worth. You can easy spew 6 or 8k on one and not have a full on restoration just a nice driver that needs work.

My advice is look for a shop that turns cars over, gets them out the door, and that is for work or a restoration. But the best is to find a shop who knows your car. Mostly this stuff is pretty easy and the best is to just do it your self if at all posible. Most of the work to put one on the road is not that hard or hillbillys like me could not do it. Ask questions we will help you.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
If I were you, I'd get in contact with Ohan Korlikian who is your neighbor in Vancouver and who heads up www.sunbeamcanada.org You can email him from links on his site.

He, more than likely, would know someone in B.C. who can help you out.

Ed