• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trunk hinges, door handles 1960

alpine_64

Donation Time
Brian,

As stated all series cars had external door handles and trunk hinges.. the trunks also have a hinge and spring setup on each side inside the boot.. these allow it to spring up and also prop it when open, do you have those?

MARTINSR

Donation Time
Yeah, I have a couple of pairs of the trunk props, and one spring. But they look a little funky, and without the trunk hinge there is nothing to think about until I get those then I'll figure out those parts.

Brian

alpine_64

Donation Time
Brian,

There are a couple fo parts suppliers for Sunbeams in the states;

Sunbeam Specialties
Classic Sunbeam
Victoria British

the first two have reproduction boot hinges and also door handles.. i would recommend buying the repro the boot hinges as they are very nice and better made than the originals. Also the originals tend to get damaged where the hardtop pins locate.

As a side note.. in your pics i note the car has the original rubber mats.. PLEASE DO NOT THROW THOSE OUT!!!! there are guys here who would love to see them.. they are rare as all heck.

MARTINSR

Donation Time
Brian,

There are a couple fo parts suppliers for Sunbeams in the states;

Sunbeam Specialties
Classic Sunbeam
Victoria British

the first two have reproduction boot hinges and also door handles.. i would recommend buying the repro the boot hinges as they are very nice and better made than the originals. Also the originals tend to get damaged where the hardtop pins locate.

As a side note.. in your pics i note the car has the original rubber mats.. PLEASE DO NOT THROW THOSE OUT!!!! there are guys here who would love to see them.. they are rare as all heck.

That is so funny, when I told my son to put all the pieces to them in a box he thought I was crazy, just throw them out he said. I told him when taking something like this apart you NEVER KNOW what you will want a year or two from now, you never know what you may NEED to know, keep EVERYTHING.

I'll post some photos of them if you would like.

Brian

MARTINSR

Donation Time
Here is a picture of the mats.

They are as you see in a bunch of pieces but I think I found all the pieces.

Brian