• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trick to install top weatherstripping?

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
Is it supposed to fit in the channel between the screws and stay in place? Do I just need a healthy amount of weatherstripping adhesive to keep it in place?
1A8FBC85-16E5-43AD-8247-14896C6111BD.jpeg

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Using a tapered flat head screw in the track helps to make more space for the seal , but glue keeps it in place.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
My 62 had real small ovaled flat head screws when I replaced the soft top ; not sure about the hard top .
It has no glue on it but I wish it did. One area wants to pop out. Also I think the original seals were better suited to the job
than the seals now available.

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
hmmm, wondering if I should replace the screws with something flatter of modify the rubber before gluing in place.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I would go w/ screws and glue. Trying to modify the seal would be a testy trick . You might also try using a slicking agent on the track. I did that on door seal tracks and was able to slide the seal in the track starting at one end and going the length of the track. Takes 2 people and a little time to do it but it worked well and is still in after several months. No glue used.