• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

transport & Shipping

mototron

Donation Time
Hello All
I just bought a Alpine in Carson City NV and need to have it shipped to NY
Can anyone recommend a shipper that they have had a good experience with
Thanks
Rocco
mototron@optonline.net
631 379 7789

DavidLMM

Donation Time
I work at Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN. We have used, almost exclusively, Thomas Sunday Transport since opening in 2003. I'm sure we've had close to 100 cars delivered with them, and never a problem. The owner/drivers are conscientious, punctual, and communicative. We deal with a lot of other haulers as well when institutions or individuals arrange their own transport - any transport is only as good as the driver, although decent equipment counts for a lot as well.

We ship and recieve everything from 6-figure classics to non-running and sometimes non-rolling oddball three wheelers, and Thomas Sunday never misses a beat. Lots of comparable carriers, like Intercity, Passport, and Reliable, but I don't have much direct experience with any of them but Reliable.

On another list I frequent (BMW 2002 FAQ) there are a lot of folks who swear by DAS Auto for transport, but again I have no experience with them personally, only anecdotally.

David

jack Bacon

Donation Time
I used Blue Highways enclosed trailer $800 from Indiana to the Twin Cities, The local MG club also used them to transport 9 cars to the national event in Tennessee a while back. They did a nice job all around.

Jack

mferris

Donation Time
I just hired Passport for moving a (more or less) running SV from Wisconsin to NC. I had called around to several DAS, Thomas Sunday - and while the prices, and coverage all seemed simliar - the differentiating factors for me were 1) ability to track movement online [silly I know but I'm a techie] 2) timeline for pickup and 3) at least one didn't even bother calling me back after checking with dispatch.

I would have felt comfortable with any of the 3 that I called.

-M