• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Transmission woes

SteveSeriesV

Silver Level Sponsor
Out for a nice drive on a sunny Sunday in my Series V. Stopped a light, put into gear and pulled away. It felt as though it had slipped out of gear as there was no power to the wheels. I was able to depress the clutch as normal and move the shifter into all gears, but still no power. After getting it towed home about hour later, I was able to drive it forward and back in my driveway with no problems. Some friendly Alpine "experts" have suggested low transmission fluids.
Any other suggestions before I get my hands dirty and my wallet emptied?

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Sounds like oil on the disc to me, the fact that after you got it home it moved forward and reverse after it cooled down or maybe weak pressure plate:confused: