• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Transmission Output shaft

gordonra

Donation Time
I know that there are two different splines (10 tooth and 25 tooth) on the input of the main shaft for the all syncro transmission.

Can anyone confirm the output shaft?

I need to know if the output shaft is 10, 25, something else, or if they are all the same.

Thanks,

Rich

Wombat

Donation Time
The output shaft on my all synchro SIV has 10 splines. We never got the SV here in AU, but I am guessing that when the input shaft went to 25 spline, the output shaft did too. The Arrow range of cars had 25 slpines on both, so the change was probably tied in with the introduction of the Arrow range.

Change was made late in the SV production, the body number when it happened is listed under "Alpine Data > Changes in production".

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks Mike,

I have two 10 tooth transmissions that are believed to be good as well as a 10 tooth clutch. I'm not sure what currently is in the car, but would like to get all of the parts together that a guy would need to make a quick swap.

How available are the different tailshaft yokes? (Don't know the proper name)

My intent was to crawl under to get the number off of the transmission in hopes that someone could look it up for me. Where is the number located?
I could seperate the u-joint and remove it too, but haven't been feeling the best for a while. Trying to shortcut.

Rich