• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Transmission Gear set - new

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a set of transmission gears. The main shaft spud has 10 spline and the gear has 23 teeth.
The Cluster gear has 25 - 21 - 18 - 15 teeth beginning with the largest (25) to the reverse gear (15)

Two other gears are 25 teeth (smaller) and 23 teeth (larger).

Think they may be for a Tiger.

These are new, never used in perfect condition.

Trying to determine what they are and what they fit.

Offers will be entertained.....

Attachments

• Transmission Gear set - new - Complete   20201111_175403.jpg
    Transmission Gear set - new - Complete 20201111_175403.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 52

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Based on the description and picture, that appears to be a close-ratio (2.32:1 first gear) gearset for a Ford toploader transmission. The close-ratio toploader was used in Mk-I Tigers. Mk-II Tigers used the wide-ratio (2.78:1 first gear) toploader.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Barry for sharing your expertise! I did not have a clue to the 'real" application. I ran T10's behind my 409's back in the day and thought these looked similar. Mine then were 2:20 1st gears with 4:11 and or 4;56 rear set up