• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

transmission front seal problem

maceropa

Donation Time
I have rebuilt my non sycro OD trans but the front seal does not fit properly. There was no seal so i ordered the two different ones available but both are too small in outside diameter. The front casting is in good shape but about .060 larger then the seal. Any ideas out there

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hmm... very odd.

I suppose I'd take very accurate measurements of the shaft and case opening and go to a bearing place and have them look up a proper seal based on those measurements.

Locally I use Callahan's Bearings, Beltings & Drives but there are loads of similar outlets throughout the country, very likely within driving distance to you.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Maceropa, what was the source of your parts?
Classic, Sunbeam Specialties, Victoria British? Somewhere else?

65beam

Donation Time
seal

buy all your parts from sunbeam specialties. you get the right parts and they fit.

65beam

Donation Time
seal

i have heard recently from a couple folks that classic is not doing business now. has anyone else heard this?