• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tracking width

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
I just purchased a car hauler, and it needs some modifications to accomodate the car. My '61 serie II is currently not currentle accessible, and I need to know the tracking width of the wheels.
I realize there is a negligible difference from back to front, but can anyone post this for me. Thank you.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bernard,

WSM 124 Section 3 (sunbeamalpine.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/3-General-Data.pdf) lists the front track as 4 ft. 3 in. with factory steel wheels and 4 ft. 3-1/4 in. with factory wire wheels. The rear track is listed as 4 ft. 0 in. with factory steel wheels and 4 ft. 2-1/2 in. with factory wire wheels.

Note that "track" is the distance between the centerlines of the tires.

Wider aftermarket wheels will increase the track by an amount about equal to the increase in wheel width.

HTH

Last edited:

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
On my trailer, I use 14" wide ramps set 4' center-to-center for the Alpine, with standard-dimension wheels. The ramp width is generous enough that I don't worry about driving off, etc. I have to shift them to 4'8" center-to-center to load a new-style Mini, (using spacers I can drive on.) Trailer is 6' wide. Eventually it will have a flat floor and be slightly longer overall. And have a flip fender.

AlpineTrailer.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
My open trailer is 16 ft long and can haul a standard size car. I believe it's seven feet between the fenders. The doors on the Beams open over the fenders with no problems. My ramps slide in under the floor and are not removable. I have to turn the ends of the ramps in to load a Beam. My closed trailer is also seven feet inside so I have a 7500 # winch mounted to the floor and I winch the cars in. The ramp is not a problem since the door is the ramp.110_0401.JPG

Attachments

• 107_0188.JPG
    107_0188.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 11

65beam

Donation Time
On my trailer, I use 14" wide ramps set 4' center-to-center for the Alpine, with standard-dimension wheels. The ramp width is generous enough that I don't worry about driving off, etc. I have to shift them to 4'8" center-to-center to load a new-style Mini, (using spacers I can drive on.) Trailer is 6' wide. Eventually it will have a flat floor and be slightly longer overall. And have a flip fender.

View attachment 10720
Ken,
I looked at your trailer during the Mid Ohio weekend. It's pretty neat. What does it weigh?