• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tonneau Covers

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
What has been the groups experience with Robbins tonneau covers? Specifically for Mk.1/Mk.IV Tigers/Alpines?

I've heard various comments, but no one seems completely satisfied with them.

Thx

ps

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Purchased one from Robbins over 10 years ago. Has held up extremely well and it was very well made.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
My 62 came with an Amco that's about 10 years old as well ... still in beautiful shape. One suggestion, don't fold them .. if space permits, roll them up starting with the back and pad the wheel section. Folding them puts them at risk for cracks etc. along the crease lines. Just a fyi!

.... David

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I also have an Amco and it's in great shape, except that the thread is starting to decay a bit so some of the seams are opening up, particularly where the zipper joins the vinyl. I'll probably take it to a shoe repair place and let them sew it on their leather machines.

65beam

Donation Time
Remember that the AMCO items date back to the 60's and 70's. My catalog from 1970 lists the series 1 & 2 Alpine cover at $32.95, series 3 & 4 at $34.95 and the series 5 at $36.95. They're now over $300.00 from SS. He doesn't show them for early cars.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Puff - if you are a DIY kind of guy, check out the Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl . It's not exactly speedy, but works really well even in the heaviest material.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks, Mike. Yeah, I've got one of those, and have often used it for small repairs on shoes and such... but those dang tonneau seams are l--o--n--g!

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
I sewed edging on some pretty long carpet pieces and found it to be pretty relaxing. Put on a mindless TV show (most of them) and have at it.