• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Timing Chain Cover

snamelc

Donation Time
I'm getting ready to pull the engine and transmission from my Series II and would like to take this opportunity to install the new aluminum timing chain cover with the oil seal. Before I do this, I'd like to hear from others about the acceptance of this conversion. Also, I can't tell from the photo in Rick's catalog whether there is a timing marker on the new cover.

Bill

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Yes, there is a timing marker. Yes, there is no oil leakage around the new oil seal. Yes, very nice looking.
I would put a little extra gasket sealant on both sides of the gasket next time. The new cover doesn't have any flex to it, and I have just a wee bit of seepage at the gasket. Nothing a little more sealant wouldn't fix. Worth the extra money? Hmmmm, yeah.... Still pretty hard to get these little cars leak free.
What do they say? If it ain't leaking, better check the oil