• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
1 week my car

It was on Craigslist for 4 to 5 days. Club members saw it immediatley and asked same day.They were in fly over country and asked for more pics on and on. If I wanted to hold out for a protracted sale show it to 20 guys, I am positive with the feeding frenzy for Tigers now I would have exceeded the asking price.

I have bought another, every hobby car I have have needs work. 3 left.

The car had issues, some repairable some not. I was not going to hang 47
8"x 10" glossy photos on WWW and watch it get beat like a Mexican pinata at a childs party. It's a nice driver car, I had one NUBE offer full price then get cold feet, then the low ball car flippers started rolling in with their fancy hand held bondo scanners their crisp khaki pants and did not even look under car. He was at one end of parking lot and buyer 3 who was there earlier got down got dirty and looked at car. Sure I left something on the table, but then I found I liked him after we shook on deal and threw in the fresh wide ratio top loader trans I rebuilt,cause I liked him.

I have sold lots of VW's tens of small collector Honda motorcycles and scores of collector bicycles. But only 2 or 3 nice hobby cars.

As I reflect I should have put it here first or on my home forum CAT but the results guys would have asked for pics, it would have been linked to BAT a virtual bathroom wall where any idiot with a computer will comment, and a few knowledgeable guys as well. I may have gotten more dough but the blood in the water got me out with a tidy ROI and I had the car for 3 years and had my way with her.

I have a 65MK1 now scooped off the internet, I bought it after the listing was less than 15 hours old and I barely got it as someone went to see in dark in garage as I asked sell to put it up on stands and I would be there at dawn deposit money in hand. The nightime buyer said I will buy it looking at the car on 4 jack stands if I can drive it. Seller said no I have a 7AM guy coming from 2 hours away.

That seller talked with me and discussed his car stem to stern with the same truth you don't see. He knew I was a Tiger owner and liked me too after nearly an hour on phone.

Put everything on your sleeve and good things come around and they go as well.

SeanP

Donation Time
Glad to hear your sale was successful Warren. I had a buyer put down a decent deposit on my Alpine but it looks like now the sale may fall through. So I'm still on the hunt!

Sean

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dang

You sure have a pretty Alpine, all dressed up and no place to go I call em;)

My guy was so wound up he left deposit receipt in the car, go figure.

Now, she's gone the way she came carried away. She had 5000 miles in 21 years the last 3 with me. Now she's away on a trailer, with another guy. Like my old Irish girlfriend I will miss her excessive drinking "gas and oil" and she never said no...

Sad n Glad in the same breath.

Last edited: