• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger project

claf

Donation Time
I agree that a re-body would be the easiest way to get this thing on the road again except there is such a stigma about Algers that the potential resale would be in the dumper. Add to that that there are no rust free Alpines here in the great northest makes it kind of impractical.

The problem with Ebay is that I would be uncomfortable selling the car sight unseen. It still has a lot of potential but requires a suitable amount of work. Secondly there are significant spares and I could find NO commercial hauler willing to tackle it when I was trying to get it moved from NC to Ma.

The game plan is to get the car sold by the end of the month. I have a firm offer of $6K , anyone interested in the car can make even stupid offers (not $4000) for consideration during the next couple weeks. I have $8237. in it and want to minimize the bleeding but regardless, IT IS GOING. Bob

65beam

Donation Time
tuger project

dude,
you could do either one. it's easier to convert a tiger back to an alpine. we don't have to be so sloppy with the welds in order to match the jenson work. if you take a look at my photobucket there is an alpine shown that used to be a tiger body. it came from the west coast so it was rust free. the alpine that we're restoring now also has a lot of tiger panels on it. the rear fenders along with several other panels came off of a tiger. we used the rear fenders from a MK2 since we didn't have to weld up the side moulding holes.

agmason

Donation Time
Yeah, I know how it is. I've chopped up quite a few Harringtons, LeMans and others, plus Series III GT Alpines to get good sheet metal and parts. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep them on the road.