• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Hood Scoops

atallamcs

Donation Time
We have all seen the LAT hood and associated front scoop. What else has been done on either Tigers or Alpines? Please post your hood scoop shot if different than the LAT and tell us what it is.
Bill

atallamcs

Donation Time
Hood Scoop

Some car buffs may recognize this scoop. It started out as a 1955 Ford Thunderbird scoop, modified the front shape and onto the Tiger it went. It took some real body work to get it to contour properly. The steel is thicker than the Tigers. It appears to be working?
Bill

mikephillips

Donation Time
Don't have any photos but I'm using the individual LAT scoop, which was really just the Cobra scoop. Riveted on with stainless rivets, although I used a closer spacing of the rivets than seen normally to try to avoid flexing and cracking around them.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Final Scoop

Well, the hood is complete with the exception of adding the stainless steel grill mesh. It is painted (wedgewood blue) though the lighting makes it some thing else, but you get the idea. This is a 1955 Ford Thunderbird Hood Scoop, modified to fit a Tiger--something different.
Bill

kmathis

Donation Time
I always liked that tri 5 hood scoop on those T-Birds; and it looks right at home on that Tiger hood. I want one.
Nice work.