1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Tiger air cleaner subsitute

Discussion in 'Sunbeam Tiger' started by jumpinjan, Apr 6, 2021.

1. jumpinjan

jumpinjan Bronze Level Sponsor

2. junkman

junkman Gold Level Sponsor

That air cleaner is gigantic, I had a customer put one on his Tiger and it was silly looking, not to mention the wing nut hit the hood.

3. jumpinjan

It might be huge. I don't have a factory one here to compare.
    The aftermarket one is 21"L x 9.75"W x 2.25"H they said.
    Jan

4. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane Gold Level Sponsor

20210314_122338.jpg 20210314_122327.jpg Here is what I plan to use on my alger. I do have a scoop, but have not had the car to test fit this.

5. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Jan,

There is an accurate repro available of the AC filter housing.

I think Rick stocks them.. If not Warren who posts here on saoca has them. I believe they are into the final few remaining of the production run of 400 or so.... Grab one now.

6. Hoghead

Hoghead Donation Time

Warren made them. Buy it while you can

7. Warren

Warren Bronze Level Sponsor

Thanks guys we have like 25 left in the warehouse. If someone wants one to test fit or exact measurements let me know.
    First off a wing nut never was a stock fitment. A six sided nut is fine. Depending on the manifold and engine mounts determines the possibility of contact with the outboard edges of the housing. I run a 2"tall K n N with room to spare. But I don't run a spacer under the carb either Weiand Stealth manifold. Buy one make it a wall clock till you need it :)

8. jumpinjan

I'll need one Warren, but I'm strapped for money right now.
    Jan