• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Advertised florida.......Beware

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
It is an Alger.......Seller is aware...he bought it to flip and doubled the price............https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/melbourne-1967-sunbeam-tigar/7643277368.html

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
It is an Alger.......Seller is aware...he bought it to flip and doubled the price............https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/cto/d/melbourne-1967-sunbeam-tigar/7643277368.html
Just curious. What did you see on this car that raised a red flag for you?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you look at the picture where the mufflers exit, you'll notice the X frame has the Alpine bracket
to mount the exhaust. No Tiger has that. There are other "clues" if you know what to look for.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
If you look at the picture where the mufflers exit, you'll notice the X frame has the Alpine bracket
to mount the exhaust. No Tiger has that. There are other "clues" if you know what to look for.
Not true. A black Tiger from Valrico (now out west) has both a TAC certificate and that very muffler bracket.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Alpine inner fender top hats ..... vertical spare tire mounting bracket. Need I go further?

Mark ..... volvoguys

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Alpine inner fender top hats ..... vertical spare tire mounting bracket. Need I go further?

Mark ..... volvoguys
A vertical spare is only evidence of a vertical spare. There is not enough of the "Top Hats" to make a determination. Did you happen to notice the Tiger washer bottle bracket?

My point is that a TAC inspection considers all aspects of the changes made by Jensen from bodies produced at Pressed Steel. You have to consider the entire car.

You might have a Tiger involved in an accident, and repaired with Alpine body parts for instance. That's why inspections are conducted in person. By a team of 3. Who all have to agree. And yes, I am a trained TAC Inspector with experience inspecting many Tigers.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Does the car in question have a TAC certificate? I don't recall any mention of one.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Don't like the guilty until proven innocent on anything. I've personally seen cars with next to nothing Tiger left get a certificate after more than one attempt. Then there's a car I almost bought 3X into a very unforgiving K rail only straight panels were the floor pan which likely had shockwave bends I didn't take the time to look for, and of course the firewall.

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
#754. It must have sat on the showroom floor for quite a while to be titled a 1967.
I've seen a few cars like that, including mine. Jensen reported a completed vehicle on 12/31/64, but my car carries a Florida title year of 1966. In Florida the model year starts in October.

So either the car took forever to reach the dealer, languished on the lot (unlikely), or perhaps it was used as a 'demo' vehicle for test drives?