• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Throttle linkage SIII - help

jbiii52111

Bronze Level Sponsor
Throttle linkage 001.jpg

Throttle linkage 002.jpg

Throttle linkage 003.jpg

HI,

Read as much as I could before this post, but only found gromet/firewall & hitting valve cover answers.

I found a 63 in execellent condition and after replacing points pop, pop, purr, so I am very motivated to sit in drivers seat instead of standing along side.

I have taken a lot of pic's if anyone is interested, but only attached linkage pic's for this request for help.

I am hoping for anyone that can take a look at these pic's and tell me what I'm missing on the throttle linkage.

jbiii52111

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ok, I must have done something wrong

Hi Mike,

First thank you for trying. They should have been an attachment to the post? Youmay need to double click or something, not sure becasue when I access my o post it shows the image'sdirectly in the post.

I tool the time to create Kodak site to share them th yuou, but can only send you like to Kodak site if I have your direct email.

Which I'm not asking for, just rying to figure out how to add pic's to this BB.

I will do some more reading.

jbiii

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
It looks like the last owner had a few extra plumbing parts to make up your linkage. I will post some images of my linkage tonight.

The linkage to the left or front carb (the main arm to the carb) has a bit of a mod (the little brass end with threads is not original). You are also missing some parts off of the firewall as the spring should not be able to come off of the main shaft like that.

Again I will forward some photos for you.

Andrew

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
A couple images:

carb-link1.jpg

carb-link2.jpg

I hope these help, if you need more just ask.

jbiii52111

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pic's are worth 1k words

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the pic's, helps a lot. After looking closely at my setup, missing parts and all...I figure I can fix the plumbing on the front.

Would you be so kind to take another pic of the firewall connection point? I figure easier to ask, than rattle you with question's, like does it use clip-ring, can I jsut weld washer(s) for spring holder, ......