• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Those that have experienced it...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Lots of rust in that bucket. You should either be long on cash or good with a torch. If not, pass.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I would say that you could find a better starting point. You may have to pay more in the beginning, but you will spend less in the long run. My advice is to find one that you'll not have to do as much work on. Dollar wise you'll be way ahead. This is just my 2 cents worth, speaking from experience. :)

wipeout

Donation Time
Thank you for your advice. That's why I asked those that have been there. My search continues. ;)

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
This car is really good for parts only. It has serious rust problems. I highly recommend waiting for a car with a solid body. it can be very expensive to repair rusty cars especially if you have to pay someone to do it.

Waiting for the right car is always the way to go.

66Tiger

Donation Time
you would be way better off with something like that $4,000 Alpine in the AutoTraderClassics posting...don't buy anything from up here in the rust belt.

Paul

wipeout

Donation Time
This is what Im holding out for...

Series II or III ... Stock or Conversion...

FREE ...

LOL...

I'd love to get Mikes V6 II but my lotto numbers arnt matching up. So while I wait I pad the "Get Dad his Alpine" fund.

oh....and keep buggin you guys.

:)

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Wipeout,

66Tiger gave yo the best advice. I would recommend looking for the best you can afford, because you will be saving a ton of money and time. If you want to be driving it within a year, you want a car that doesn´t need anything but a drive train change. I have customers that have been working in their Alpine bodies and have been doing it for more than 4 years. This is how many get tired of their journey and end up selling it to someone else for a loss.

I know that the higher initial price can scare off a lot of guys, but it will be a lot more satisfying experience overall.

Jose

66Tiger

Donation Time
It's the theory of letting someone else do the dirty work, then you come in and pick up the pieces without the financial hit.

Paul

Hi Wipeout,

66Tiger gave yo the best advice. I would recommend looking for the best you can afford, because you will be saving a ton of money and time. If you want to be driving it within a year, you want a car that doesn´t need anything but a drive train change. I have customers that have been working in their Alpine bodies and have been doing it for more than 4 years. This is how many get tired of their journey and end up selling it to someone else for a loss.

I know that the higher initial price can scare off a lot of guys, but it will be a lot more satisfying experience overall.

Jose

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
V6 car

I have a v6 driver with very little rust for around $5k ...located in Florida...listed on craigslist ...mike

wipeout

Donation Time
I still have my eye on your car Mike....and I'm working everyday at finding a way to get it...it's just what the doctor ordered. It's a love/hate feeling I have everytime I look at your posting.

:D