• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

This, hopefully will be my first invasion

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have not attended any Invasions.
My '66 Alpine (V6 conversion) is a basket case and nowhere near ready to take to a local show, much less the Invasion. My wife and I are two of the registrants that are not bringing a car, but hope to see a bunch cars there as well as several of you folks that I have encountered on this site. This will be a costly endeavor as I will travel in my RV (at 7 MPG) for about 450 miles each way, stay in a nearby RV Park(we travel with our dogs), and have to rent a car for the Invasion so I don't have to undock from the RV site each day to attend the events. So I would hope you all make this worthwhile to a novice attendee. I wanted to attend the Ohio Invasion, but gas prices at the time precluded that. So PLEASE, get those registrations in.

Thanks

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like I'm travelling alone for this Invasion so depending on how close the RV park is to our host hotel or other functions I'm sure one of us, including me, can pick you up and give you a free ride in an Alpine.

However, I noticed you said "we" and "dogs" so that may not work out.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
It will be worth IT!

Since Oklahoma is a long way from any Invasion, except the one I hosted back in 2006 we have attend several with out the Alpine. Great bunch of fellow Sunbeamers and good times will be had. Missing this one again since time off work is an issue, missed last years. I hope 2011 will be our return to the Invasion fun. My first Invasion back in 2004 was the first time I had even seen another Sunbeam Alpine, a Series I through V, a chance to see concourse not just the pieced together ones like mine. We like to crash the Invasion with our corvette, but park it out behind the building since this crowd is all Sunbeam!

Donna
:D

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Scott,
What you are saying is that you will be the only one from the center of the Sunbeam Univ. that will be coming. No Ian, no Mike, no Jan, :confused:just you??? What's going on?

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
Invasion 10

Bob : You will have two from the Ohio Alpine world coming down. Michele and I would never miss an Invasion, been to all other Invasion's and the money is paid for this one. leaving Oh. Wed 28th and will be in on Thursday and leave the following Monday. I know the area and the roads should be like the Invasion III in Dillard, GA. See ya on Thursday

Anyone need any parts I have six Alpines for sale or parting out. I do have room in the trailer to bring parts. Call me or PM. Please someone buy a car or two. space is needed for other toys.

Brad Babb
Alpine.67

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric : No room for second Alpine. Parts yes,only 24 ft long could do about 1 and 1/2 cars at best. sorry

Brad

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

brad,
you also get me confused with eric. i'm 65 beam,eric is 65sunbeam.we're leaving on wednesday also. which route are you taking?

bob webb

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
No Ian, no Mike, no Jan
Bob,
This is about the first warm (and dry) weekend for us here in Ohio. I have an Alpine here (since the snows came in Dec) that I need to finish and back on the road by the end of April.
Spring Invasions are fine for you southern owners. Its just too early for me.
Jan

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Furthermore, we had about 3" of snow/ice just last weekend. Of course its very nice now, but it's either rain and/or snow and/or cold since late November.
Jan

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've changed my plans. Still travelling by RV, but staying at the Host Hotel now and not renting a car. Cost of the hotel, in a pet friendly room is less than the cost of the rental car for 3 days. :rolleyes: