• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Think your project is hard?

skywords

Donation Time
This is really neat. General Motors at it's best!! take your time and look at the restoration pictures and see what it took to get this beauty back on the road and touring. Truly amazing the powerplant for this beast.

I have a soft spot for buses, in fact to own a Flxible Clipper is high on my want list and I will own one before I die.

http://www.futurliner.com/index.html

Enjoy

Rick

skywords

Donation Time
No I don't have it in me for a project of that magnitude. You can buy a Flxible ready to roll for around 25K. This one is 22K with new wheels and tires etc..

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hydramatic and Big 6. Wow. Sounds like the pathetic combo used by the Army in the duce and a half. Our communictaion Battalion had a mixture of these and the later turbo Diesels with 5 speed. The GMC's could not pull out of our motor pool (uphill) with radio hut on board and towing the gen set. Even in low range. You never heard such a racket as that engine made while accomplishing nothing. What a bunch of crap. Have to wonder who pulled strings to get that contract issued. We would either pull the generator set out with the Diesels, or hook onto the GMC and pull the whole rig out.

The Futureliner looks like an interesting concept, though. Don't think I've ever seen a roadable truck with dual front wheels. Bet it steered like a, well, a truck.

Bill

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
This is really neat. General Motors at it's best!! take your time and look at the restoration pictures and see what it took to get this beauty back on the road and touring. Truly amazing the powerplant for this beast.

I have a soft spot for buses, in fact to own a Flxible Clipper is high on my want list and I will own one before I die.

http://www.futurliner.com/index.html

Enjoy

Rick

My father stumbled across one of these in a Chicago junkyard in the early
1980's. He took lots of pictures and I remember what a mess it was. Shortly thereafter Joe Bortz, famous restorer of Detroit's dream cars, rescued it. This must be that one.

Fastback

Donation Time
It's one impressive vehicle, and the photo collection through the restoration process makes the volunteer effort to resurrect it all the more impressive. If you ever get a chance to see it (check out their 2007 tour schedule), it's worth the time!

skywords

Donation Time
Did you look at the Light bar fin that retracts and extends above the roof. Look at the picture called Night.

Rick