• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The race car?

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
Anything Alpine connected to Racing gets my attention these days.

This Alpine gets more of my attention than most.

Clearly this car has had a LOT of TLC/M O N E Y lavished on it.

As far as "Racing" in the US, I'm not sure if that Fact ...or not

is significant.

Old grumpy, how would you see the Alpine if the car ran in the US

in the last 20 years?

DW

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dan.. iirc this was the car with the billet crank.. ran UK series in the AMOC which allows heavy mods... Where Jackie Cochrane and Chris Brighton run their "monster" Tigers.... I think it's USA venture was when a group from UK came over to do the UK v USA series... Aaron's jags and tiger and smaller Brits vs comaros and stangs... Etc...
Iirc was mid 2000s

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Clearly this car has had a LOT of TLC/M O N E Y lavished on it.
DW, You sure hit the nail on the head with this statement.....

Love this one too!

Thanks Grumpy for POSTing . I sure be happy to own this beauty.

Di you Guys notice the rear disc brakes? Wonder what they are?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Minor tune up from factory stock is always easy too do, its' the final results that will either pay nice dividends or ??

GlennB

Silver Level Sponsor
The buyer needs to check the regs for any intended race series. The risk is that it may only be accepted into highly modified categories which may attract even more modified other marques.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The description of the car say it has an all steel engine. Noting that cast iron is not steel, , I find that to be ludicrous, if not impossible. Any ideas what this really means?
Bill

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
A T9 tranny. Is there more than one adaptor out there?
I'm putting one of those behind my "stroker" motor. To adapt it to the trans, we machined off the rear
"step" of the stock bell housing and made a 1/2"adapter plate. Bolts right up and wasn't all that hard to do.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The description of the car say it has an all steel engine. Noting that cast iron is not steel, , I find that to be ludicrous, if not impossible. Any ideas what this really means?
Bill
"All steel" usually in race terms means billet steel crank forged or billet internals

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I'm putting one of those behind my "stroker" motor. To adapt it to the trans, we machined off the rear
"step" of the stock bell housing and made a 1/2"adapter plate. Bolts right up and wasn't all that hard to do.

I noticed in the photos that the shifter seems to end up located pretty far back. Is that accurate?

alpine_64

Donation Time
The buyer needs to check the regs for any intended race series. The risk is that it may only be accepted into highly modified categories which may attract even more modified other marques.
Iirc this ran in the AOMC and the modified sports series that the Beighton/smallridge/Cockraine tigers run... So not historic Motorsport cars...heavily developed mod sports style

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Michael. Curious, just what is a steel crank turned from? Maybe SAE 4140? It has a reputation among the machinists as being pretty tough stuff, yet is machinable.
Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks Michael. Curious, just what is a steel crank turned from? Maybe SAE 4140? It has a reputation among the machinists as being pretty tough stuff, yet is machinable.
Bill
Iirc this car was for sale maybe 8 years back and had the full spec from mass racing. Usually it's a high end steel billet...

A billet crank would be useful in a race-pine... Solves #3 Trying to escape the block....

I have a contact with a 4 axis HAAS CNC machine... Who would do it for me.... But I need to make the cad file .. and I'm thinking could knife edge it as machined...and offset the journals ...make a sneaky strong stroker.... But I need the accurate dimensions to model it......
Even better would be make a bullet separate piece crank to do roller bearings... Solve the Alpine LOP issue completely....