• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The (engine) saga continues...

howard

Donation Time
Got word back from my engine rebuilder- seems my old head is TOAST and two of my pistons were fried. It's a wonder I was able to get the darn thing off the highway. I may keep the old (matching numbers) block- if I end up using it, it'll have to be sleeved, since some PO had already had it rebored. (News to me.) In the meantime the machinist is going to tear into my spare 1592 and see if he can use it. If this doesn't pan out, I may be pulled toward the DARK SIDE...

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
If this doesn't pan out, I may be pulled toward the DARK SIDE...
If you get it sleeved, most of that work doesn't need to done again, and it can be resleeved again & again with less labor & time.
Rebuilding the 1600 is a lot faster than completely reengineering it with a different engine. Let me tell you.
You should bring up to the next Invasion, and we will have it running in 24 hours!!!
Jan