• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Dealer Sales Presentation DVDs have arrived in the USA!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have 25 of them in hand. It is a wonderful DVD which has some great period photos and interesting narratives on the voice track. I tried to play this on my older DVD connected to my television and it would just play the voice track. When I played it on my PC it operated correctly and I enjoyed the over 30 minute slide show and description. I appreciate the efforts of John Boggis and other UK Alpine clubmembers to make this even possible!
John also sent a stack of full colour brochures featuring his time capsule SIV GT and I will include one with each DVD that I mail out.
Here is a copy of John's earlier post where he described just what this DVD is all about:

The Sunbeam Alpine Club here in the UK have found archive material that originally comprised a long playing record and slide show, which formed a dealer sales promotion pack. The pack covered the launch of the first Sunbeam Alpine in 1959 and Series II in 1960. The photo slides were damaged by sunlight and the sound quality of the record was very poor. Happily, with the help of modern technology we have been able to re-master the record and digitise it to a DVD, along with the accompanying images that have been re-coloured. The result is a DVD in a card cover, which replicates some of the original artwork from the record sleeve. We are offering you in the US (and other countries) the chance to own a copy of this rare sound/footage and enjoy a trip back in time to when our great little car was born.

I have already received payment of $20.00 from:

Scott Christie, Steve Kirk, Jim Stone, Bob Webb, Bob Berghult, Sharong, Andrew Masse, Tom Hill, Volvoguys, Mike Phillips, Tom Johnson, Napa1, Steve Shuttleton, Fireboltgirl, Dick Sanders, Rodewaryer, Todd Smith, Todd Zeibell,Jack Bacon,Nickodell

All are spoken for! Thanks, Eric

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
Hello Eric
Have sent a PN to John Boggis. I am not on your list, hope my 'order' did not get lost.
Thanks , Andy

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello Andy
John Boggis wrote and told me that he would be sending you the 3 DVD's from the UK. We did not lose you!! Cheers, Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all for the speedy payments-please give me a few days to get these mailed out! Eric

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Fantastic!

Eric - just finished watching my DVD and LOVED IT! Thanks for facilitating this for us. What a great find. Loved the color photos, especially the one showing a Thistle Grey with Scarlet interior Series I. You NEVER see that combination.

The UK club did a great job and I can only hope they uncover other presentations like this - keep it coming guys! Best $20 I've spent in a long time. :D

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
All copies of this DVD have been spoken for. I hope everyone enjoys them!
thanks, Eric