• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The City of....

Jim E

Donation Time
Ok so rant on.... in the last year I have snaked my sewer about 6 times, the longest turd herder I can rent is 75 feet which is about oh 5 feet short of the main near as I can figure. Finally I got smart and called the city Of Columbia who came out with a 100 foot snake which failed to open it up so then they bring out some sort of high pressure water squirter and clear it. Then they run the camera down it and you can see my line is new black plastic and where the city take over it is dirt and the remains of clay pipe. Ok so they have to fix it.... so the guy says it will be a week to 10 days and they will dig it up and replace the pipe..... sure... about two weeks later a crew shows up and ask me to move cars and they are going to lunch... well it was a long lunch I can tell you because that was 4 weeks ago and they did not get back until this morning, Sunday morning that is.... ok so once again it is move your cars please and do not flush the crapper or run any thing down the drain... Nice here I am with a house full of guests and they are all of the female gender, and we cannot shower brush teeth or flush..... so why the pecker heads scheduled this on a Sunday morn is beyond me, and of course no one had gotten up and gone thru their morning evolutions but oh well... so they dig a big hole all the way across the street, they are smart going to fix mine and the house across the way at the same time.... well they have been digging for a couple hours and then they stop. I figure lunch or something and grab a coffee and smoke and amble out to look at the big friggin hole in the ground and maybe mention they should get thier asses in gear and finish this thing up being my butt cheeks are clenched up and I am growing a tail... well no one is around and I hear this loud hissing..... hmmmm I think looking down the hole and then hear some one yelling and honking the horn, then I figure it out they broke the gas main. So not a good place to be standing around having a smoke.... that was two hours ago and the gas folks just showed up a couple minutes ago... they say the guy who marked the under ground pipes and such was off four feet on the gas main... nice.... now they tell me they have to dig two holes several houses away on each side of the break and pinch the line off, then fix the gas main before they can finish the sewer. Did I mention I cannot start the car because it is right near the broke gas main.... cannot cook because there is no friggin gas... well I am off to send them a little present....

Nickodell

Donation Time
Remember, "Into every life, a little rain must fall."

I can say that because I'm too far away for you to punch my nose down my throat.:D

Anyhow, you remind me of the time 25 years ago when we had our inground pool installed. The guys with the backhoe and dump truck arrived on Monday, marked out the area on the garden and began digging. I was going up to New York for a couple of days on business, and they assured me that I wasn't needed. On Wednesday the foreman phoned my hotel. "Well, your pool's already half full of water."

"WHAT? HOW CAN THAT BE?"

"When we finished digging out the deep end it started filling up. There are three possible causes, one OK, one bad and one really bad. The OK one is we dug into an old septic system. It will stop coming in soon. The bad one is we hit an underground spring. In that case, you have a nice garden pond with a 10 foot deep end, because you can't put a swimming pool there. You can stock it with trout. The really bad one is that we hit the municipal sewer. If so, you gave us the wrong place to dig, so you're liable."

Of course, it was the sewer line. The DPO had left us a sketch map which showed the wrong location. Total cost to pay the township to repair and replace: $8,000. Cost to backfill original pit (the original dirt having been trucked away): $900. Total cost of the finally finished "$13,000" pool, including paying for digging the wrong hole, filling it in, doing the right one in a different location, and all the extra man hours: $23,100.

Jim E

Donation Time
HAHAHAHH! I am actually to the point now that the whole three ring circus out in front of the house is funny!

Now the lady folk are not laughing yet...

At the rate they are going thinking they better go get some lights!

Jim E

Donation Time
Ah we have progress they have a truck with flashing lights now. That should help.

You know I think they were lucky the deisle back hoe did not suck up any of the gas or it would have run away.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim-makes you wish you had towed home one of Ian's Port-o-lets now doesn't it?! Hope they get you fixed up soon. Just glad there is not a huge crater left after a gas explosion. Film at 11:00.................Eric

skywords

Donation Time
If your Blushing from all the Flushing.
they'll come running to stop the gushing.
If it's com'in thru the plaster
it's disaster.
Remeber your chitz is their bread and butter.;)

Jim E

Donation Time
Not that I know of but would give it some thought if the mutt walked by.

They are back this morning I guess to deal with the holes and piles and with any luck put my gravel back in the drive way. Actually they are just sitting there in the truck doing nothing but I am ever hopeful

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
No matter how many of them there are, it's break time until the supervisor arrives :)

tom j

Nickodell

Donation Time
It's the damned unions. Look at this scene, for instance. One working and the rest just standing around watching.

Unionsarekillingthiscountry.jpg

mikephillips

Donation Time
Reminds me of something I heard on the radio one day. They were rebuilding a bridge over I71 next to the building where a radio station I listen to is located. One saturday morning the guy made mention that he'd been watching a construction company truck parked by the bridge out the studio window all morning with a couple guys sleeping in the truck. This went one for several minutes when he noted that one woke up to take a phone call. As he narrated, that guy spoke for a minute, looked out the window at the building, then moved the truck under the bridge where he couldn't see the cab anymore. The tail end of the truck was still visible the rest of the morning and no apparent work was being done. That bridge took over 2 years to widen. Our tax dollars at work....

Jim E

Donation Time
Well I thought this was over but.... it rained and Sunday morning my drive way was a great big sink hole. Called the city of and they told me to go away there was no one working that filled holes on the week end.... go figure.

Pondered the city worker thing a bit... must be a good gig.