• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The 17th Alpine produced....

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I'm glad the person selling this Alpine saw its historical value and did'nt turn it into an Alger :) . Lets all just cross our fingers and hope it gets fully restored.

Regards, Robin.

lemansvk

Donation Time
After exchanging emails with the seller, unfortunately the original engine block is long gone :( and it comes with a Hillman Hunter block. Even so, it would make a great project. I'd buy it myself except that after my last Alpine resto I swore I'd never do another :D And it's 1500 km away.....

Cheers, Vic

howard

Donation Time
I'd bid on it if you'll move Australia closer to the U.S. ...:D The understatement of the year: "Some parts are missing."

C

cameronb

17th Alpine

Since I wrote this post, I've re-read the identification data on this site and reviewed the close-up pic of the front shroud near the hood clip - it doesn't fit in with this info, hopefully the seller will contact so I can have a closer look at the stampings.

Hello all, I'v seen the car on ebay - I'm only 20 minutes away, and am going to email the guy to see if I can have an inspection. The only issue I'm wondering about is that from what I could see, the chassis vin number is stamped on the shroud near the hood catch. from my research on the net it should be on a plate attached to the body, or on the scuttle. Can anyone enlighten me there please?
regards,
Cameron

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
Hi Cameron,

When I got my Alpine back on the road, Qld Transport wouldn't allow it to be registered unless it had the chassis number stamped directly on the body, rather than on a plate. The people who did my roadworthy stamped the number in for me. So it could be something similar.

Russ

Hello all, I'v seen the car on ebay - I'm only 20 minutes away, and am going to email the guy to see if I can have an inspection. The only issue I'm wondering about is that from what I could see, the chassis vin number is stamped on the shroud near the hood catch. from my research on the net it should be on a plate attached to the body, or on the scuttle. Can anyone enlighten me there please?
regards,
Cameron

alpine_64

Donation Time
Since I wrote this post, I've re-read the identification data on this site and reviewed the close-up pic of the front shroud near the hood clip - it doesn't fit in with this info, hopefully the seller will contact so I can have a closer look at the stampings.

regards,
Cameron

Apart from the chassis plate on the scuttle the SI's also have the number stamped into the body on the vertical face of the scuttle that faces into the engine compartment.

C

cameronb

Number 17

Hello all, and thanks for the information. I'm pretty stoked - I was successful with my bid and hope to organise some transport for it next weekend. It's going to take a long time to restore it - and it's a bit more of a task than anything else I've done, but it's only time! Again thanks guys!
regards,
Cameron

lemansvk

Donation Time
Good luck with it Cameron, we look forwards to seeing / reading about it's progress. You know that you only have to ask the forum for advice on the resto.

Cheers, Vic

Hello all, and thanks for the information. I'm pretty stoked - I was successful with my bid and hope to organise some transport for it next weekend. It's going to take a long time to restore it - and it's a bit more of a task than anything else I've done, but it's only time! Again thanks guys!
regards,
Cameron