• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Testing Forum

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
:cool:
Picture perfect Fall day just a little cool. Took Alpine aka Vicki to Mass and out to dinner and running good, tested heater on way home cooled off at dusk, heater does work no more drips on floorboard, YEA. We had two fans one lady from church, it that new or restored? What a neat car. Pulled into restaurant and young fellow got out of his pickup, Wow that's a Sunbeam I almost bought a tiger, girlfriend says I should of been born 50 years ago cause I just love the old cars.
I need to drive Vicki more so many never get to see these wonderful British Iron :D
Now to see if this posted, kudo's to all on the new website :)

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
forum

What happened to the forum
In the middle of sending PM I get an error report.I lost the current PM as well as the reply
Last logged in dates are out .Some PM messages do not show up
It doesn't even look as nice
My comments needing an answer

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Chuck,

You obviously didn't read my mandatory message at the top of the old forum catagories stating I was going to cut over to the new site this weekend. I asked everyone not to post because chances are it would get lost over the weekend.

Sorry if you don't think it looks as nice, but it is a lot more functional and integrates the main club site with the forum... resulting in one password for both. I can also change the look if I want to without re-designing the entire site from scratch by changing skins.

Most people didn't even know there was a main SAOCA web site because they simply by-passed it and bookmarked the forum URL. Now we have the ability to manage the content based upon membership dues, etc... More features to come as I continue to build on this platform.

I will be fixing bugs as they present themselves. It was impossible for me to test everything before going live... besides, you guys are better at testing and reporting bugs anyways! ;)

Ian

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ian, a couple of observations. First, it appears to be rather slow. Will that change? Second, the text is not really in black and white, more of a medium gray. Can I change that? It is hard for these old eyes to read it.

All in all, I think it work out just fine. I know this represents a lot of work on your part and I appreciate the effort.

Bill

skywords

Donation Time
Looks great! I like the drop downs at the top. I had always thought the SOACA site should married with the forum like this. Three cheers.

napa 1

Donation Time
Looks great Ian. Thanks for all your hard work. Let me know if I can help with providing content, photos etc.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
The answer to all questions is "yes"... I can make the font darker, but it's not going to happen right away. I have a couple of other bugs that need fixing first and a couple of other "jobs" that need worked on that are going to pull me away from the site this week.

Changing the fonts should be easy in theory, but I think I may have a problem since the forum is integrated with the main site. I will need to change the style sheet at the main site and re-integrate and then re-skin forum.

It is a little slow and to be honest, I don't know why. I've been working on that and I can't find anything thay should be causing this. I may need to reach out the the CMS provider on that one. I thought it was my crap computer that I'm using right now, but others seem to be having slowness too. Mark that one down as "I'm working on it"

Ian

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Darker Fonts

Ok... that was much easier than I thought. I don't need to go through as much trouble as I had expected and changing font color can still be done at the contrl panel. The template adopted the colors from the main site when I skinned it to the CMS, but they are still independant settings.... cool! :D

Jim E

Donation Time
Looks good to me. Little slow but maybe after we cach some pages in our PCs it will speed up.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
IAN
OK you got me.I'm quilty.

Thanks for the reply.
I do appreciate all the work involved as I'm sure all the people who love this site do.
It is one of the things one must do in the AM.That is get a cup of coffee and log on.
Well we have a taste of winter.I now must leave and go pick up plywood.
I really had to get my garage in order.It has been too much of not having time to do it and I'm supposed to be retired.It always seems there is so much the kids need help.
They tell me I need to stop acting like 40. I'm 69.The next question is "dad can you help me?".But then I am lucky in at least I sure don't feel my age.

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Chuck... it's all good man! We are all just trying to make things a little better one step at a time. Hope the darker fonts help out.

napa 1

Donation Time
Not yet. It left TigerTom's Saturday at 6 pm, its anyone's guess how long it will take for it to arrive out here. I've been clearing out a special place in the garage for it, and making plans for its restoration. I'll let you know. Thanks for asking.