• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tail Light Lenses

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Michaels right on this one although I have always used the amber ones as I feel it probably draws attention when you are signaling. With driver inattention being what it is these days any advantage to being seen in an LBC is a plus!
Cheers!
Steve

Tullamore

Donation Time
I thought they may have been different for the different models. Both my series V had orange and my others have red. May have been just a coincidence?

mikephillips

Donation Time
At the time most of our cars were made amber rear turn signals weren't legal in the states. So we had red when most had amber. But now you can use either.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Then you have the issue on the early finned cars of the front turn signals - some had clear bulbs and amber lenses, some had clear lenses and amber bulbs.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Same with the later cars. And the parts book doesn't list either one as correct for certain regions, only the either could be fitted.

napa 1

Donation Time
On a series I, if you have clear lenses, should you be using an amber bulb? I have clear lenses and clear bulbs.

65beam

Donation Time
lenses

then there is the issue of the front turn signals on series 4 cars. my car came out of the dealer with clear parking light lenses and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs in the turn signals.some other one owner cars i have seen had amber turn lenses.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Technically yes.

Scott, I think that should reworded to "Legally, yes". Other than the license plate light, it is not legal to have a white light on the rear of a vehicle while on the road. I have known people that were ticketed for having a broken lens that allowed some white light to escape.

Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
Bill, I was referring only to the turn lights on the front as being clear. My rear turn lights are amber.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, I was referring only to the turn lights on the front as being clear. My rear turn lights are amber.

Ohh, sorry 'bout that. I had never seen clear rear lights, but in the World of Alpines, it seems anything is possible.

Bill

napa 1

Donation Time
No worries Bill. Are the amber bulbs for the front turn signals available? Maybe through SS?

mikephillips

Donation Time
I believe they're actually a standard bulb you should be able to get at a local parts place. Just take the original in and match against the selection to get an amber one.

Ed109

Donation Time
I'm looking to get the red lenses (from VB or somewhere) to put on my UK SV project to make it look a bit different to the other Alps over here. I think the all red fin ends will look quite nice...a little bit custom almost. Anyone want my amber lenses as a swap? (I'm not sure of the legality of red indicator lenses over here but will take advice/plead ignorance if I get pulled up on it.)