• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

T5 Fluid

Mark T

Donation Time
Ready to put the T5 in Sunny on Monday night and need to buy ATF fluid to put in it. I'm wondering if I should use synthetic fluid or if it's worth the extra cost. Has anyone used synthetic fluid and if so what was your experience? Thanks!

Jim E

Donation Time
I put the cheap stuff in them at first, until I know they are good and do not leak. The best fluid I have read about and been told about is GM syncromesh it is also pricey.

Mark T

Donation Time
I put the cheap stuff in them at first, until I know they are good and do not leak. The best fluid I have read about and been told about is GM syncromesh it is also pricey.
Thanks Jim! Are you using the GM fluid?

Jim E

Donation Time
No but hear it is good for transmissions that are just boarder-line as far as bulky shifting. I have the cheap stuff in mine right now had part of a gallon left over from servcing a car and used it, never got around to changing it.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Did a quick search. On the DSM board a couple of guys say the Pennzoil Synchroshift is the same thing, usually a few bucks a quart cheaper. Like 4 instead of 9.

Bill
Oh, by the way, they like it.

britbeam

Donation Time
Use the standard cheap stuff. I dint think if you could tell the difference it would be worth it.
Dwain V6 Krazy