• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

T5 Alpine coversion

ForzaDesign

Donation Time
I've read alot here about V6 conversions, but haven't seen anything about putting a T5 behind a 1725. Apparently many T5's are 32% decrease in 5th. It seams like this would be do-able and perhaps less expensive and more reliable that an OD unit at only 25% decrease.
Was wondering about:
-input spline configuration
-pilot bushing
-tranny mounting pattern
-speedo cable
-cross member
-drive shaft length
-drive shaft yoke
-transmission tunnel clearance

Any thoughts?

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

That is the case due to the Toyota celice or supra box conversions being around for a long time and proven to work well. I don't think I have heard a bad word about the Toyota conversions. There are a few companies which supply kits for the Toyota conversion as well. The bonus with the Toyota convertion is that if you get the correct gearbox, there is no cutting required for the gear stick. I don't know much about the T5 gearbox :( .

Regards, Robin.