• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Atlanta area - stored 28 years

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
SV Atlanta area

Roger,
The piston should fall freely all the way to the bottom (or to choke bar if engaged). Check out the pocedure for "centering the jet" if you have a manual. This will get needle and jet in line (assuming needle is straight).

If you can't find this info anywhere let us know. Someone on here will have the procedure.

Good Luck!

RootesRooter

Donation Time
ok, thanks for the brake feedback.Now I stripped down the stromberg carbs, put a rebuild kit in and the slide got stuck. took it out and straightened needle.Better, but is it supposed to go all the way down so choke lever lifts it up a certain amount?Right now the choke barely touches bottom of slide.Thanks, roger

I'm not sure if 'straightening' the needle was a good idea. If it wasn't bent before, it is now, and likely won't work like its supposed to. I'm sure someone here has an extra needle they can pop in an envelope to you.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I agree - you simply can't straighten a needle! Your 'Stroms will need (specifically) a 5M metering needle and please don't allow it to be dropped it into an envelope or it'll be guaranteed to arrive bent. Even in a small box the postage cost shouldn't be much more than $2 and well worth it to keep it straight.

Mark ..... volvoguys