• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Alternator bracket and ?

JConstable

Donation Time
All,
I am searching for a Series V alternator bracket and a ? - the flat plate that covers the transmission flange at the point it joins the engine. It is essentially semi-circular in shape. If this unclear description is not adequate, reply and I'll post a picture. Thanks, John

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I might be selling the top adjuster bracker in a month. I'm waiting for the pieces to be cut.
Jan

JConstable

Donation Time
Jan,
That would be great. You say a "top adjuster bracket", is this the whole bracket or will I need a second piece? The bracket that came with my SV was a DIY piece that had a two pieces welded together and then what appeared to be several mis-drilled holes such that you could slide the unit around. I guess my difficulty is that I have no visual cues. Thanks! John

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
There's a top adjuster strap, and the base. I have done some CAD models for these that I want to make & sell.
I'm trying to get these made, but there's so much going on right now. The straps will be easy to bend up in my press brake.
Here are the CAD parts:
alternator_strap.jpg

alternator_bases.jpg

JConstable

Donation Time
Jan,
I have plenty of time, but if your making one, I'll get in line. My current bracket is as in the attached photos. If I understand you correctly I'll need two pieces. Again my bracket is in rough shape so I am still working on exactly how it all fits together - perhaps I better dredge up my alternator and take a look!
John

JConstable

Donation Time
Jan,
Here is what I have??? It looks like there was a mobile part (with attached nut) that at one point slid on an L-shaped bracket allowing some adjustment. Regardless, I don't think it is original. Also do you know what what to call the metal plate shown in the last image? Thanks.
John

Attachments

• Alt bracket small.jpg
    Alt bracket small.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Alt bracket 2 small.jpg
    Alt bracket 2 small.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 12
  • plate 1 small.jpg
    plate 1 small.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 11